13-17 July 2009 | Milan
A specific training course for regulatory staff from Mediterranean countries, aiming at strengthening cooperation among regulators, which is of primary importance for the setting up of an integrated Euro-Mediterranean energy market. The following countries were involved: Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco and Turkey.
The programme has been dedicated to issues being particularly relevant for MPC MEDREG members:
- Experience with creating regulatory institutions
- Experience with market reforms, while fading out regulated prices for the end-consumers
- Experience with market reforms as a means to stimulate investment in electricity and gas infrastructure
- Experience with regional cooperation among regulators to create regional energy markets
As an outcome of the first MEDREG training edition, four Training Reports have been produced:
- "Experience with Regional Cooperation to Create Regional Markets"
AHNER Nicole, MEEUS Leonardo, GLACHANT Jean-Michel Download ENG | Download FRA
- "Policy and Regulatory Issues Concerning Security of Electricity and Gas Supply"
BATTLE Carlos, RODILLA Pablo, BARQUÍN Julián Download ENG | Download FRA
- "Experience with Introducing Market Reforms, while Fading out Regulated Prices for End-Consumers"
DUBOIS Ute Download ENG | Download FRA
- "Training Course for Senior Regulatory Staff from the Mediterranean Partner Countries"
AHNER Nicole, MEEUS Leonardo, GLACHANT Jean-Michel Download ENG