MEDREG is the independent association for regional cooperation amongst 25 energy regulators from 21 Mediterranean countries: Albania, Algeria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Cyprus, Egypt, France, Greece, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Libya, Malta, Montenegro, Morocco, Palestine, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Tunisia and Turkey.
The overall objective of MEDREG is to contribute to the progressive establishment of an integrated Euro-Mediterranean energy market. MEDREG’s specific work towards meeting its general objective involves: (a) the development of proposals, tools, regulatory standards and good practices that can lead to more efficient and compatible regulatory frameworks to enhance the development of efficient national energy systems and to facilitate the gradual integration of energy systems (including cross-border systems) in the region; and (b) the establishment of a closer relationship amongst regulators in the region with the aim to enhance their cooperation.
Such ambitious goals are carried out via intense institutional and capacity building programmes which are the pillars of MEDREG’s work and also through MEDREG’s Working Groups comprised of representatives of its Members. Currently, MEDREG has five Working Groups (Institutional; Electricity; Gas; Environment, Renewable Energy Sources and Energy Efficiency; Consumers) and one Task Force coordinating the participation and contribution of MEDREG representatives to the Union for the Mediterranean (UfM).
MEDREG’s strategy and activities are supported by its Milan-based Secretariat. The Secretariat provides continuous support to the President, Vice-Presidents, MEDREG Members, Working Groups (WGs) and Task Forces (TFs) towards the implementation the Association’s Action Plan. The Secretariat supervises and contributes to the preparation of studies and recommendations developed by the MEDREG WGs and TFs, and supports the drafting of the Association’s strategic documents. The Secretariat also ensures the overall coherence of MEDREG messages through the drafting of speeches, presentations and statements made by Members on behalf of MEDREG. Detailed information on MEDREG’s organization and activities is available at MEDREG’s website, www.medreg-regulators.org.
The Secretariat is currently composed of 5 people. To accommodate the increased activities of MEDREG in the forthcoming two-year period 2018-2019, the Secretariat will grow to include 9 people. The Secretariat is now looking for an Office Assistant to support the Office management and the meetings organisation.
OPEN POSITION: Office Assistant
PLACE: Milan, Italy
STARTING DATE: February 2018
CONTRACT: 2-year contract with long term perspectives
The successful candidate will be entrusted with the following responsibilities:
- Maintaining Executive’s agenda and assist in planning appointments, meetings, conferences, etc.
- Handle and prioritize all outgoing and incoming correspondence (email, letters, packages...)
- Make travel arrangements for Secretariat staff
- Monitor office supplies and negotiate terms with suppliers to ensure the most cost-effective orders
- Maintain electronic and paper records ensuring information is organized and easily accessible
- Support in the organization and the management of meetings
- Support for invitation letters for meetings and other events
- Prepare the practical information to meetings
- Support for the registration of participants
- Support the administration and financial officer in the follow-up of administrative issues (accounts and Human Resources)
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience as an Assistant
- Excellent knowledge of English and Italian
- Working knowledge of French and/or Arabic will be an advantage
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Excellent communication and multicultural skills, preferably acquired through professional experience in international settings
- Ability to work under pressure and problem solving
- Ability to work in a positive and proactive manner, as a team member, and in a complex institutional environment
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally
- Must be able to effectively read and interpret information
- Must be organized and able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback.
- Contract type: Full-time contract, starting on 15 February 2018 for 2 years, with long term perspectives.
- Salary: 20.800€ NET per year (+ ticket restaurant and private health insurance)
- Work location: Milan, Italy.
Interested candidates should submit the following documents in English:
Supporting documents (i.e., copies of ID card, educational certificates, evidence of previous professional experience, etc.) should not be included in the application at this stage.
Applications should be sent by e-mail to the following addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The reference “Office17” must be inserted as subject in the e-mail.
The deadline for sending applications is 10 December 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Selected candidates will be interviewed from 8 to 12 January 2018 at MEDREG premises in Milan (Italy). Please note that MEDREG is not in a position to refund any expenses incurred by candidates during this recruitment process.